It’s easy i find to totally forget about the power of the egg. We sit there looking in that fridge and suddenly lose the ability to add things together and come up with a decent protein based meal. We always forget that the egg has the ability to literally bind a load of random ingredients together and make something satisfying in just a few minutes. Put that with that th protein you can keep your macros ticking along nicely.
Below are a couple of my standard go to’s when either suffering a lack of creativity or just can’t be arsed.
Chicken & Spring Onion Omelette
- 3 Medium eggs, beaten
- Knob of butter (optional, non-stick pan’s will cope without if you’re counting those cal’s)
- Chicken Breast (100-150g)
- Olive Oil
- Spring Onions (Amount is up to you, 2 or 3 shoots should do the trick.)
- Slice up your chicken and get it in the pan with some oil, season and get it cooking.
- Chop up your spring onions ready to put in.
- Whisk the eggs and add some seasoning.
- Once the chicken is done add the spring onions to fry for 30 seconds to a minute.
- In with the eggs, get the pan moving to spread out the eggs and get the chicken moving. Leave on a low heat to set for a few minutes and then when its ready get your flip on if you’re feeling dangerous and then get it on a plate!
Enjoy, its one of my quick faves mainly because its always in the fridge. Plenty more ideas to come especially if its cheat meal time. All this should take 15-20 minutes from opening the fridge, quicker than you could get to the shop and back.
Anyway the key message to take from this is wherever in the world you are never forget the meal and protein packed power of the egg.